Skip to main content

My media consumption

newspaper:

 I don’t really read any newspapers. It's mostly because now we have everything that's going on around the world delivered in minutes on social media.

magazines:

I read Vogue from time to time. I really like fashion and Vogue gives me an idea what is trending in the world. I don't skip anything because everything is so interesting but there are times where I skip an interview with a celebrity.

television:

I watch approximately 10-12h of television per week and it's mostly in the mornings (sometimes just to keep me company). I used to watch a lot of TV when I was younger, but now I only watch some of films or TV shows from time to time like Top Model, MasterChef or The Ellen Show.
If I’m watching a film with someone it's usually a group work to decide what to watch, but I prefer to watch films by myself where I’m not going to be interrupted.
Nowadays I watch most of my films on Netflix on my phone, but when I'm watching something with my family, it's mostly in a "life" TV.

radio:

 I listen to the radio pretty often. I usually listen to "Heart 80's" because I'm a fan of a music from 80's and 70's.
I put on the radio about 8-10h per week and I don't really have a specific time when I turn it on.
There's a radio in my kitchen so I usually listen to it there when I cook, or I put it louder, so I can listen to it while reading a book in the living room. My whole family listens to the radio in their cars or in the morning while we all get ready.

cinema:

 I really like going to the cinema, so I go there often. For the past month I didn't really have time, but the last films that I saw were the Incredibles 2, Avengers: Infinity War, Spider Man: Homecoming, Black Panther etc.
I watch most of my films on Netflix on my phone, like 'To All the Boys I've Ever Loved', 'About Time', 'Crazy Stupid Love' or 'That Awkward Moment'. I watch films with my friends, or my cousins and we usually already have been waiting for a film to come out in the cinemas so we don't have to argue about what to watch.

online:

I access the internet often, but mostly at home, when I can relax, or on the bus on the way home. I use a lot of networks, a lot just for entertainment or to talk to my friends. I use apps like Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Netflix, Spotify etc.
I don't usually do much while being on the internet, although if I use it on my laptop for homework I usually listen to some music.
A lot of the apps that I use are for different purposes: music, films, social media, shopping, fashion, art.

 reflection:

 I would really like to find a more productive way of using the internet, but also start using other sources of media. I can start organizing my free time and try to read some newspapers or magazines and maybe watch some news on TV.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OSP: Final index

1)  OSP: Clay Shirky - End of Audience blog tasks 2)  OSP: Teen Vogue - background and textual analysis 3)  OSP: Teen Vogue - audience and representation 4)  Baseline Assessment learner response 5)  OSP: Teen Vogue - industry and social media 6)  OSP: Hall and Gilroy - media theory 7)  OSP: The Voice - blog case study 8)  OSP: The Voice and Teen Vogue news articles (minimum 4 from each)

MIGRAIN index

1)  Introduction to Media: 10 questions 2)  Media consumption audit 3)  Language: Reading an image - advert analyses 4)  Reception theory 5)  Semiotics: icons, indexes and symbols 6)  Genre: Factsheets and genre study questions 7)  Narrative: Factsheet questions

Videogames - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - blog tasks Create a new blogpost called 'Metroid Prime 2: Echoes case study' and complete the following in-depth tasks. Language Analyse the  game cover  for Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (above). 1) How does the cover communicate the genre of the game? It's very Si-Fi, a lot of cold colours, suggesting that the game will contain a lot of adventure/action narrative.  The cover often expresses the genre through the character holding a weapon which is a prop, conveying the theme of action and adventure. 2) What does the cover suggest regarding gameplay and audience pleasures? Escapism - the game is si-fi, a totally different world- the audience can divert from reality. Multiplayer - playing with other people. 3) Does the cover sexualise the character of Samus Aran? Why/why not? Costuming does not concentrate on her type of body; however, it can be argued that it accentuates her curves in some respects, which identifies her as...